WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems in the world. It powers over 30% of all websites on the internet, and it’s a great way for businesses and individuals to create an online presence. But what about SEO? Does WordPress have good SEO capabilities? And if so, how can you use WordPress to improve your SEO? We’ll answer these questions and more in this guide!
Is WordPress good for SEO?
The answer is yes. WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems (CMS) in use today, and it’s also a great platform for SEO.
There are three reasons why:
- WordPress is easy to use and learn. The platform is intuitive, so you can start using it right away without any coding knowledge or training. Anyone who knows how to use Microsoft Word will be able to navigate around WordPress with ease; this makes it an excellent choice for small businesses that don’t have dedicated IT resources on staff.
- It’s open source, which means the code used to create WordPress has been available online since 2003 under an open license (which allows anyone access). This allows developers around the world to contribute improvements and bug fixes over time which improves security as well as adding new features and functionality into each release cycle (every 3 months).
WordPress SEO plugins and tools
There are many popular WordPress SEO plugins and tools available, such as WordPress SEO by Yoast and All in One SEO Pack. There’s also a new contender called Squirrly that offers more than just basic on-page optimization. Google has even launched its own tool for technical site audits and website optimization. However, if you want the most comprehensive solution for your website’s search engine optimization needs and want it all to be integrated into a single interface, then you’ll want to download Yoast’s free plugin: WordPress SEO.
Yoast’s plugin is easy to install, contains detailed instructions on how to set up the plugin with Search Console (formerly known as Google Webmaster Tools) so that both can communicate with each other, provides helpful tips about how best to optimize your pages for search engines—and much more!
Simple SEO Tips for WordPress Websites
These simple SEO tips will help you improve your WordPress website’s search engine rankings.
- Use keywords in your titles, descriptions, and tags. A title tag is the most important element on a website because it is the first thing that appears in search results. Make sure to use keywords that are relevant to what you offer on your site so people can find it quickly when they search for those products or services online. Keywords also appear in category names and other metadata such as meta descriptions and image alt text (if applicable). In addition to using keywords in these areas of your WordPress website, we recommend keeping them somewhere within the first paragraph of any content that you publish on your blog so readers know what you’re about right away!
- Use a keyword density between 5% – 10%. Keyword density refers to how many times a single word appears compared with everything else written about it — this includes things like paragraphs or entire pages containing text from different sources published over time at regular intervals throughout history imaginable through man’s imagination! It should be noted here though: some words do not need much repetition while others require more than usual due our inability to understand them correctly without hearing them repeatedly beforehand.”
How to use WordPress to Increase Local SEO
If you’re looking to increase your local SEO, one of the best ways to do so is by using WordPress. Here are some helpful tips for how you can use it to achieve this goal:
- Use a Local Business Plugin
There are many plugins available that can help you display location information on your website. These include Google My Business, Yelp, Foursquare and Yext. By allowing visitors to see where customers are located in real time, these plugins give them an added incentive to visit your store or business as well as provide feedback about their experience. In addition, they allow users from other locations who might otherwise have been unable to find out where something was located before they set off on their journey (such as tourists) access this valuable information without having any trouble finding what they need right away.
- Add Maps To Your Site
If you don’t want people coming into contact with those pesky reviews but still want them able access maps quickly then why not try adding them directly onto each page? This could be done either through embedding codes provided by Google itself or through using third party services such as Mapbox which offer similar functionality while also being easy enough for anyone
With these tips, your WordPress site will be ranking higher in search results in no time.
SEO is a long-term strategy. It’s not something you can do once, and then forget about it. If your site isn’t getting traffic, or the right kind of traffic — if it’s not getting found by people who are looking for what you have to offer — then SEO probably isn’t working.
SEO is about making sure that your website is easy for search engines like Google and Bing (and even others) to find, so that when someone does a search on one of those platforms, yours will show up in the first few results. And once it does? You want them to be able to use your site easily enough that they’ll stick around for awhile and maybe even buy something from you eventually!
So, if you’re looking to increase your website’s SEO, then WordPress is the perfect platform for you. It has a lot of options and plugins that will help you rank higher in search engines. Plus, it’s easy to use and there are tons of free resources online that can help guide you through this process!